Re: Thoughts on the draft

At 02:09 PM 9/3/96 -0400, you wrote:
>        The interesting problem comes in when the USA wants to prohibit
>citizens from getting a Cuban visa.  I don't know of any convenient way to
>make sure the USA itself is involved in all visa processes, unless the US
>generates passport certs on demand, each lasting a short lifetime, and
>generating different ones depending on who asks.

Even that approach would only work if Cuba insists on having a valid
passport cert when issuing their visas.  If they're willing to issue you
a tourist or guest-worker visa with either no documentation or
minimal documentation identifying you (e.g. your American Express digicard),
there's not much the US could do to stop them.  And Cuba might even issue
temporary passports for that sort of thing.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts@ix.netcom.com
# <A HREF="http://idiom.com/~wcs">
# You can get PGP software outside the US at ftp.ox.ac.uk/pub/crypto