Re: Bignums

> I grant that it is more efficient to have the least significant byte in the
> least address.  I suspect that these libraries actually swap bytes
> internally.  However, we are presented with a programmer's interface, at
> least for BSAFE, in which the most significant byte is first.  If we encode
> bignums as least significant byte first, then we are forced to byte-swap
> whenever we use them.

	It's my understanding/recollection that SSLeay does it the
other way around. Personally preferring SSLeay over BSAFE, I would be
inclined to prefer the SSLeay API over BSAFE. In general, I think
people should consider which crypto libraries are the most used and
set things accordingly.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777