Re: Modelling trust

Carl,

I do believe SPKI can support a global solution, where employed within a
suitable set of practices and interrelations.  I do agree also that any
global directory is a serious security concern and point-of-failure.

I was actually afraid of being beaten up for implying an invitation to
further the "trust modeling" discussion on the SPKI list.  I think Ed
Gerck has some valid points and valuable debatables, but I don't know
of a forum where such academic/theoretic/philosophic discussions are
very long tolerated, at least among the three I noted.

___TONY___

At 09:39 PM 3/5/98 -0500, you wrote:

>+------------------------------------------------------------------+
>|Carl M. Ellison  cme@cybercash.com   http://www.clark.net/pub/cme |
>|CyberCash, Inc.                      http://www.cybercash.com/    |
>|207 Grindall Street  PGP 08FF BA05 599B 49D2  23C6 6FFD 36BA D342 |
>|Baltimore MD 21230-4103  T:(410) 727-4288  F:(410)727-4293        |

Tony Bartoletti                                             LL
SPI-NET GURU                                             LL LL
Computer Security Technology Center                   LL LL LL
Lawrence Livermore National Lab                       LL LL LL
PO Box 808, L - 303                                   LL LL LLLLLLLL
Livermore, CA 94551-9900                              LL LLLLLLLL
email: azb@llnl.gov   phone: 510-422-3881             LLLLLLLL