Re: IPsec near term work

Perry,

	I understood your comments about a web of trust to be in the
context of PGP because I belive you explicitly cited PGP in your
message.  Without a concrete set of rules, e.g., as provided in PGP,
the term "web of trust" is rather ambiguous.  Following up on your
analogy, although a Turing machine can model computation in general,
in practical terms most users would find a Turning machine user's
manual not very helpful (compared to the manual than comes with
their computer).  I feel that a generic web of trust is much like
a Turing machine description; it can be made to encompass everything,
but it is too primitive and too general to be of practical use in
that form.

Steve