Re: ports in the clear...

I've been quite busy of late in too many venues.  I am on a plane heading
home from DC where I explained to a bunch of interesting people what the
auto industry will need in security (I am now the chair of the AIAG security
work group, thanks people for educating me, I'm really dangerous now ;).

My general feeling is expose as little as possible and damn the bean
counters.  This is true for real time security like in IPSec and hopefully
at some point with object security (S/MIME and MSP flunk the test it seems).
I do not want someone to figure out that a particular multicast session is a
CAD virtual reality process (yeah, I'm going to need all of this with
multicast too) based on the port number that every competitor uses for this,
as sometimes we are partners.  ARGH!

End-to-end will be needed, but the firewalls will be in the way, so IPSec
will have some real challenges; at trusted firewall that maintains the
secure channel on each side?  Oh boy.

I think I just got myself a life time job, anyone want to trade? :)

Oh, I had a site visit to ISUZU and they use Net10, just like Chrysler and
Ford dealers do and I think one other OEM.  So end-to-end will be interesting.

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corporation
(810) 758-8212