Re: draft-ietf-ipsec-des-md5-00.txt

Pau,

  RFC-1825 has always said that an IPsec Security Association is
unidirectional, not bidirectional.  Keys are one element of an IPsec
Security Association.  So my reading of RFC-1825 is that it already says
that a key will normally be unidirectional.  In general, folks should
keep in mind that a Security Association contains a lot more than key
material.

  If you think that this needs to be made more clear, then I have no
problems with clarifying the text when the other editorial changes get made
to 1825-1827 (these are coming soon, but I haven't yet made the accumulated
editorial changes).  Once I get the editorial changes in hand made, new
I-Ds will go out so that people can review the I-Ds and remind me of
whichever changes need to be made but have not yet been made.

Ran
rja@cisco.com