Re: Replay field size in AH

And what is the state of the Grand Unified ESP spec?  (Is there ANY AH spec
anymore?  I thought there wasn't.)

At 02:13 PM 2/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I'd like to hear from Jeff Schiller and the WG chairs re this still open
>issue.  My recollection is that there was supposed to be a small meetng to
>reolve this after the last IPSEC WG meeting in San Jose.  I observed that
>we had two variables affecting aligmment: sequence number size and HMAC
>size.  Hugo made a suggestion to truncate the SHA-1 value to 128 bits, to
>reduce the number of variables affecting alignment, but I don't recall a
>decision on this, nor on the 32 vs. 64 bit sequence number.  We do eed to
>nail this down so that the grand unified AH and ESP specs can proceed.
>
>Steve

               Rodney Thayer <rodney@sabletech.com>       +1 617 332 7292
               Sable Technology Corp, 246 Walnut St., Newton MA 02160 USA
               Fax: +1 617 332 7970           http://www.shore.net/~sable
                           "Developers of communications software"