Re: "Pillage first, then burn" - Attila the Hun

Steve,

  If you are interested in working within the process, constructive
steps towards consensus would include:
	-- NOT holding a separate meeting.
	-- writing up cisco's proposal for compression with IPsec as an
		I-D and submitting it before the I-D cutoff before
		Memphis.
	-- presenting that specific proposal to the IPsec WG in the
		usual IPsec meeting so that everyone can consider it
		openly  (I also anticipate other compression proposals
		to be presented in the IPsec WG meetings).

  For item 3, you'd need to send email to Paul Lambert (copy to me)
asking for agenda time, providing a topic, and giving a presentation
estimate so Paul can schedule accordingly (Paul mostly takes care
of the meetings :-).

Best wishes,

Ran
rja@inet.org