Re: eliminate AH -- unanimous

> Based on the responses to this list over the past week, it appears that
> the WG is unanimous that AH will be eliminated as redundant.

As someone else pointed out, I'd better get my head out of other problems and
address this one.

I'll give you folks one simple reason why you MUST NOT eliminate AH:

	E X P O R T   C O N T R O L

Even though there are valiant efforts within other portions of my company to
circumvent this dain-bramage, export control is still a problem, and will
continue to be a problem until the law is overturned.

ESP, even if only used encryptionless is "encryption enabling" technology,
and falls under close export-control scrutiny.  AH does not, and can be slid
out the door with relative ease.

Steve B. also makes a point about the AH header semantics being what they
are.

Quit screwing with the spec, folks.  Steve Kent and gang's clarifications are
about as much as I can further stomach on this front.

Now I have to go fight fires again.

Enjoy,
Dan

Follow-Ups: References: