Directions for ESP and AH?

Hello,

I'm trying to understand current directions for the ESP and AH protocols,
and I've read 'draft-ietf-ipsec-doc-roadmap-01.txt' (the "IP Security
Document Roadmap") but I still have a few questions:

  1) The IP Security Document Roadmap cites RFC 1825 as the reference for
     the "Security Architecture for the Internet Protocol", but it refers
     to two new documents (draft-ietf-ipsec-auth-header-01.txt and
     *-esp-v2-00.txt) for the IP Authentication Header and IP Encapsulating
     Security Payload (ESP), respectively. Is the intention that these two
     new draft documents will eventually obsolete RFC's 1826 and 1827,
     respectively, which already describe these protocols?

  2) If yes to the above, what sort of interoperability considerations are
     being made for existing reference code (such as the NRL distribution)
     which implement RFC 1826 and 1827?

  3) Are there plans for the development of an "official IPsec reference
     implementation" which will supercede earlier works such as NRL? If
     so, who will be involved in this work?

Thanks in advance for your consideration of my questions,

Fred
templin@erg.sri.com