Re: byte order

At 05:38 PM 4/14/98 , Paul Koning wrote:
>This may be excessively obvious to some, but I've found that it's
>never a bad idea to be explicit...

Usually I agress but not in this case.

>I assume the various flavors of DES are indeed still big endian.  What
>about SHA1?  Is it little endian by analogy to MD5?

SHA1 (FIPS 186-1) is big-endian.  I really don't see the need to state
endianess since that must have been discussed in the transform
definition itself.  Anyways, the transforms are defined to take a
byte stream and as such there is no endianess (internally they have
an endianness that need not be discussed by IPsec).
--
Matt Thomas                    Internet:   matt.thomas@altavista-software.com
Internet Locksmith             WWW URL:    <coming eventually>