Re: 40-bit DES negotiation in IKE?

Stephen Waters writes:
> 	I realise folk see 40-bit DES as counter-security, but at the
>       moment, 40-bit is all that can be exported to Joe Public (from the US).

If the government told doctors that the only treatment they could give their
patients suffering from bacterial infections was to stick needles
under their eyelids, do you think that the medical journals would be
right in dignifying that with papers on proper needles-under-eyelids
techniques for curing different kinds of infections?

56 bit DES is useless. 40 bit is less than useless. Why bother
consuming the user's CPU for no gain?

Perry