VPN bakeoff in October & export licensing.

Is there anyone out there from Europe that is planning to attend the VPN
(IPsec/IKE/L2TP) bakeoff at Binghamption NY in October? A couple of us from
the UK are planning to attend, but the question has been asked about
U.S./U.K. export licensing. All our development is being done in the UK.
Even though we're part of a U.S. company we're playing it safe and the code
never leaves the UK - we're currently having discussions with the NSA as to
how we can distribute the code within Cabletron.

But what about the bakeoff? Does anyone have a view on what the NSA would
say if we were to dial home (to the UK), fixed some bug or other and then
copied a new image back to the workshop for further testing? From my
understanding, the NSA are not concerned about importation (which this is).
But what about the UK? Is the UK govt. going to get "upset" about us
exporting from the UK?

What about when we come to go home. Presumably we have remove all our test
images from laptops/routers before we leave the US?

Mark Gillott

Cabletron Systems (DNPG)
DTN: 831-3172, Phone: +44 191 497 3172