Re: Coursework research

Jack Aubert wrote:
<trimmed...>
> I am interested in looking at management of the "many-to-many problem" -- a
> problem which may be faced by my own organization  -- where you need to
> securely configure a potentially large number (e.g. several hundred to a
> few  thousand) devices, each of which may need to communicate bilaterally
> with any other in the system without a great deal of manual labor. Are
> there any RFCs or drafts that deal with this issue... and are there
> alternative approaches?

You are really asking about 2 related issues here. You state one, i.e.
secure configuration, and implicitly reference the other, i.e. scalable
policy specification and distribution. There are several drafts which
discuss these individually (copied from archived message):

"IPSec Policy Data Model"
    <draft-ietf-ipsec-policy-model-00.txt>

 "An LDAP Schema for Configuration and Administration of
  IPSec based Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)"
    <draft-ietf-ipsec-vpn-policy-schema-00.txt>

 "Secure Configuration of IPsec-Enabled Network Devices"
    <draft-ietf-ipsec-secconf-00.txt>

 "Security Policy Specification Language"
    <draft-ietf-ipsec-spsl-00.txt>