RE: Secret public keys

,
 Chen wrote:
>I thought we like the public key as "public" as possible. (so that to
>prevent attack)
>How can someone want a "secret" for "public" key ?
>If it is secret, then it is private.
>Don't you agree?

No. Making a public key public does nothing to improve its security.  We're
not talking about algorithms here.  Public keys are public to facilitate
verification of signatures, encryption, etc.  However, one can choose to
not disclose a public key to everyone, but rather to disclose it only to a
selected set of peers if the application context supports that.
Authentication in a closed system is an example of such a context.

Steve