RE: Racing QM Initiator's

While I agree with the notion of supporting multiple independent SAs

this question is more out of curiosity.

>From Richard Steven's TCP/IP Volume 1 Chapter 18.8 paragraph 4

'TCP was purposely designed to handle simultaneous opens and the rule is
only one
connection results from this, not two connections. (Other protcol suites,
notably the OSI transport layer, create two connections in this scenario,
not one).'
I believe there is similiar wording in RFC 793 emphasising simultaneous
open.

I don't know if there is a particular advantage to this feature.
During the initial design of IKE did such an approach (simultaneous
connections
resulting in one connection) come up in the discussions? Is it worthwhile
or feasible for a security protocol?

Thanks,

-- sankar --