Re: Bruce Schneier on IPsec

   Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:01:17 -0500
   From: "Marcus Leech" <mleech@nortelnetworks.com>

   I have to agree with this.  The IKE/DOI/ISAKMP documentation, in particular,
     is quite hard to follow--even for someone who's been involved from the
     beginning.  The more-or-less continuous stream of "how do I interpret this
     section of the IKE documents" questions on this mailing list should be a
     good indicator of how confusing and unclear those documents are.

Agreed, 100%.  However, to make a similar comment to the one which
Marcus made:

If anyone wants to donate a technical writer plus an IPSEC expert to
make sure the technical writer gets things right, please raise your
hand....

Reworking parts of the documents to make them more understandable is
certainly something we can consider during the next edit cycle.  The
problem is that in order to really address right, we will need a lot of
people to step up to the plate and spend their precious time working on
making sure it gets done right.

						- Ted