RE: Definition of PFS...

Actually, phase 2 rekeying without PFS already fully protects against
attacks based on encrypted data (unless you think you can break an HMAC more
easily than a DH).

If PFS is being used as an optimization to phase 1 rekeying (skipping the
authentication phase), then I was going to suggest what Dave said (replacing
SKEYID_D from the phase 1 with the new DH value and doing PFS only
occasionally).

But even so, I still can't think of any threat models (except for the
ethical law-enforcement one) that would be mitigated by using PFS as an
optimization.

Andrew
Beauty with out truth is insubstantial.
Truth without beauty is unbearable.