From: owner-ipsec@lists.tislabs.com [mailto:owner-ipsec@lists.tislabs.com] On Behalf Of Scott G. Kelly
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 3:27 PM
To: Michael Richardson
Cc: ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
Subject: Re: IANA document

Michael Richardson wrote:

> I think that the consensus of the WG list is that all values should
> be a consistent "Expert Review". Please disagree.

As you wish :-)  This is a difficult question, but given that the IETF
is a political organization, effectively concentrating this power in one
individual seems inappropriate.

Personally, I liked the summary of allocation policies you first
suggested, and thought your rationale was well founded. I think Jari
raised some reasonable questions, but I don't think a case was made for
giving the whole kit and kaboodle over to a benevolent dictator.

There is much to be said for public review and consensus.

Scott