RE: [Ipsec] Proposed Last Call based revisions to IKEv2

Can I get a ruling on this one?

Notes:

1) The context in which this occurs is when an IKE initiator requests an
IPv6 address on the responder's internal network so that it can use it
as a source address in its tunneled packets and responses will be routed
back to the IKE responder. This is important when the IKE responder is
not on the path between the IKE initiator and all of the nodes it will
be talking to over the SA. In almost all cases, the NETMASK is
irrelevant. If NETMASK were relevant, it should be included in the
INTERNAL_IP6_SUBNET attribute, which is already encoded as proposed
below.

2) Perhaps I'm confused, but it's my understanding that a NETMASK is
just a very inefficient encoding of a prefix length (both in IP4 and
IP6). That a NETMASK containing anything other than a series of '1' bits
followed by a series of '0' bits is unsupported by almost everything.

So I would favor leaving it alone, but I don't think it will break
anything if we change it.

	--Charlie