MAI meeting: expose the sham hearings!

Our regular MAI-Not! meeting, against the Multilateral Agreement on
Investment, will be this week at Carleton, 401 Dunton Tower, tomorrow at
4:30. (NOTE: our meetings will be extended into December at Ottawa U.)

On the agenda:

- Report on the Global Teach-in: 920 attendees! Defeating MAI top national
priority

- We plan protests to expose the government's token MAI hearings. Pack the
hall in Centre Block, let them know you care and that 20 hours for the
public are not enough! Call your MP, request to be sponsored to view the
hearings. They are Nov 17, 18, 20, 24, 25, 27, 3:15 to 6:30.

- National mailout almost complete. It will explain how to hold the
government accountable on the MAI

Would the MAI end democracy? "MAI? Tell us why!"
For more information:

The MAI-Not! Project, www.flora.org/mai-not
OPIRG-Carleton, 520-2757, opirg@carleton.ca