[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
MAI meeting: expose the sham hearings!
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Jane Scharf <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Madalena_Santos <MadalenaSantos@pigeon.carleton.ca>
- Subject: MAI meeting: expose the sham hearings!
- From: Terry Cottam <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 01:12:13
- Reply-To: Terry Cottam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Our regular MAI-Not! meeting, against the Multilateral Agreement on
Investment, will be this week at Carleton, 401 Dunton Tower, tomorrow at
4:30. (NOTE: our meetings will be extended into December at Ottawa U.)
On the agenda:
- Report on the Global Teach-in: 920 attendees! Defeating MAI top national
- We plan protests to expose the government's token MAI hearings. Pack the
hall in Centre Block, let them know you care and that 20 hours for the
public are not enough! Call your MP, request to be sponsored to view the
hearings. They are Nov 17, 18, 20, 24, 25, 27, 3:15 to 6:30.
- National mailout almost complete. It will explain how to hold the
government accountable on the MAI
Would the MAI end democracy? "MAI? Tell us why!"
For more information:
The MAI-Not! Project, www.flora.org/mai-not
OPIRG-Carleton, 520-2757, firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the OPIRGemail@example.com list. Announcement only please.
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put
"unsubscribe" in the body.