No Subject

>From majordom  Wed Mar 25 09: 02:38 1998
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:57:45 -0500 (EST)
From: ay055@freenet.carleton.ca (Linda Hoad)
To: options@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca
Subject: [OPT!ONS] Opt!ons Budget Workshop
Sender: owner-options@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca

OPT!ONS invites you to a working group meeting to
prepare a response to the City and Regional
Budgets.

April 2, 1998
Colonel By Room
RMOC Headquarters
111 Lisgar Street
	5-7 City Budget
	7-9 Regional Budget

City and Regional Councillors have agreed to help
us. We are inviting representatives from a cross-
section of groups concerned about the impact of
these budgets on community services and quality of
life in our community. We know from past
experience that there are options and alternatives
to the proposals made by staff and we want to be
sure that the politicians hear about them as they
make those difficult budget decisions.

Our goal is to produce an ‘action sheet’ for each
budget, outlining areas of concern and
alternatives to the proposed budgets and giving
the dates and times when presentations can be made
to the decision makers. These sheets will be
distributed as widely as resources permit in order
to encourage debate and discussion.

Since time is short, we need people who have had
previous experience analysing budgets or making
presentations to committees and councils. Regional
budget documents are now available and the City of
Ottawa draft budget will be available April 1.

Please join us April 2. If you can’t come, try to
send someone from your organization. If you want
to receive the ‘action sheets’ please let me know.

Linda Hoad
ay055@freenet.carleton.ca

--
Linda Hoad