job posting

The New Octopus Bookstore Inc.

Website Coordinator

The New Octopus Bookstore Inc. is a small independent bookstore
specializing in left politics.  It is our goal to provide a forum for local
authors, small presses, radical and revolutionary voices, and writers from
a variety of countries and cultures.  It is also our goal to network with
organizations, unions, academics and activists that share similar
perspectives.

Qualifications

       Excellent written and verbal communication skills
       Excellent people skills
       Ability to work both independently and with others
       Ability to develop and implement projects
       Excellent organizational skills
       Interest in left politics and social activism
       Knowledge of Internet software and applications, Microsoft Word;
previous programming experience or website design an asset

Major Responsibilities

       Overseeing the creation of a store website
       Working with a graphic design team and a programmer to help
implement our vision
       Developing / writing some of the content for the site
       Helping to update and maintain the site
       Taking website orders when the site is up and running
       Data entry

Starting Date:  August 21, 2000

Number of Hours:        15-20/week

Please send resume no later than August 8, 2000, either by email or in person:

Lisa Greaves
The New Octopus Bookstore Inc.
116 Third Ave.
Ottawa, ON