No Subject

Where:Sussex and York
When:12 noon, Saturday March 22nd

NOWAR/PAIX's weekly marches continue: This country is actively involved in a
war in Afghanistan, although you would not see evidence of that in the busy
shopping area of our nations capital. (Not the other six days in a week
anyway.)  Our involvement in this war, (and our passive support of the siege
of other peoples in a blind support of US foreign policy), goes grossly under
analyzed in the main stream press.

For both of these reasons, we ask that you spend a few minutes of your
weekend every week, (SAT, NOON, YORK & SUSSEX), to stand defiant of this
(illegal) war, bring your demands for an renewed role of ethics in our
society, foreign policies and domestic polices, and to share alternative
sources of news and analysis with each other and our fellow citizenry.

Bring your signs and outrage for a march from 12:00 to 1:00 each Saturday.

board then send a message without subject to
 	majordomo@flora.org

containing only the plain text message:
    	subscribe nowar
    	end

WHO IS NOWAR/PAIX?

declarations of war by the U.S. government and its military allies, the
attack on civil liberties and the right to dissent, and the ugly racist and
xenophobic attacks on innocent people of colour across North America, a group
of concerned Ottawa-area citizens has recently formed the Network to Oppose
War and Racism/ Pacte contre l’agression, l’intolérance et la xénophobie,
(NOWAR/PAIX).

This network has three goals:
1) to oppose terrorism in all its forms, the U.S. call to war, and Canada's
participation                                therein;
2) to oppose racism and the racist backlash against people of colour,
including attacks on immigrant and refugee rights;
3) to oppose the erosion of civil liberties in the name of national security.

Our network, which is made up of a diversity of members from within the
community, seeks to build a broad-based coalition of organizations and
individuals within the Ottawa region to advance the above goals by organizing
events and increasing public awareness in the coming weeks and months.

To contact NOWAR/PAIX for questions, complements and complaints please send a
message to: nowar_paix@flora.org.

If want to check the list posting then you can go to:
http://www.flora.org/nowar/forum/

If you would like to subscribe and post to NOWAR/PAIX list serve/message