[OPIRG-EVENTS] Oct 4-6: Universe Story weekend retreat

Date sent:      	Tue, 13 Aug 2002 20:09:07 -0400
From:           	Isobel McGregor <isobelmcgregor@yahoo.com>
To:             	Isobel McGregor <isobelmcgregor@yahoo.com>
Subject:        	Universe Unfolding  - fall retreat at TH - Oct 4-6

UNIVERSE STORY WEEKEND RETREAT - OCT 4-6 - at Tucker House in
Clarence-Rockland.

Sponsored by the Befriending The Earth Council in conjunction with the
Tucker House Commission.

Please spread the news around.  Brochures available on request.
Isobel (820-0598)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = == = = = = = = = = = = = =

UNIVERSE UNFOLDING: Its Story Our Story,

* Come learn about the awe inspiring history of the universe through lecture, reflection and
the  Cosmic Walk .
-  Discover your connection with God and the world of nature, from stardust to flowers to
humans to expanding universe.
-  Experience the wonder of autumn first-hand in the beautiful natural setting of historic
Tucker House.
-  Enjoy delicious home cooked food from Tucker House s own organic gardens, crafted by
Carolyn Best of  The Pantry   in Ottawa.

* For  eco-spiritual seekers, Christian educators, nature lovers, environmental activists and
anyone who is curious about how and why we got here.

* Facilitators:
Denise Turcotte, CSC, ecologist, educator and naturalist, currently working at the Audubon
Society of New Hampshire, and
Marlene Bosch, CSC, artist, sacred dancer and liturgist at St. Joseph s RC Church in
Ottawa.
This is the third year Denise and Marlene have presented this workshop, always with rave
reviews (see below).

* Arrival and settling in; Friday, Oct 4, 5 PM. Supper, 6:30 P .
The weekend closes with lunch on Sunday, Oct 6.

* Cost: Early birds registering by September 4   $150.  Regular rate is $165 (includes two
nights, two self serve breakfasts and 4 catered vegetarian dinners and suppers.
Commuter early birds (no overnights or breakfasts)   $100. Regular commuter rate is $115
(includes 4 organic meals).

* Registrar: Dan Rainboth, tel (613) 523-7376 or email
<eldasar@magma.ca>. Space limited. Registration deadline: Sept. 20. 75%
of the registration fee will be refunded if cancellations are made by
the registration deadline.

  Quotes from former participants:

It was a most enriching weekend filled with the depth of prayer, the beauty of dance, the
joy of song and the mystery of life presented with love. The story of the Universe brought
to life in a weekend!

Wonderful, inspiring, connecting, passionate experience with the whole of creation

"The two presenters were engaging and complemented each other well. I appreciated the
blend of the  intellectual  with the  creative .

Isobel McGregor
49 Evergreen Drive
Nepean ON   K2H 6C5
Tel/Fax (613) 820-0598

All things are connected. Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons
and daughters of the Earth. We do not weave the web of life, we are
merely strands in it.  Whatever we do to the web we do to ourselves.
Chief Seattle, 1854 (Adapted).