[OPIRG-EVENTS] Slideshow at M.E.C. Dec 4 "A Bigger & Better National Parks System"

WILDERNESS WEDNESDAY 2002-2003 Series
December 4, 2002, 7:15 p.m.
Mountain Equipment Co-op

A Bigger and Better National Parks System:
Chretien's Promise to Canadians

This fall, the government of Canada announced that
they will create 10 new national parks and five new
national marine conservation areas, expand three
existing parks and work to enhance the ecological
integrity of all our treasured parks over the next
five years. Join Alison Woodley, federal campaigner
with CPAWS National Office, for a journey to these
special places. Find out what is needed to make this
exciting plan happen on the ground.

AND
"Experience" Wager Bay, and in the fiords of the
Torngat Mountain Ranges - Views from a sea kayak
(w/Jim Lamont).

Following tradition, our December Wilderness Wednesday
will feature an assortment of CPAWS merchandise for
sale. These items make great gifts, and because they
support CPAWS they are gifts that give twice.

All welcome, complimentary snacks & drinks.Space
limited, please register: call 729-2700 or email
mvankooy@mec.ca

Presented by Ottawa Valley Chapter/ Vallée de
l'Outaouais of CPAWS
TEL:(613) 232-7297  WEB: www.cpaws-ov.org
in cooperation with Mountain Equipment Coop

Mountain Equipment Coop
366 Richmond Road, Ottawa (Between Churchill Ave. &
Roosevelt Ave.)
Public Transit: Transit waystop at Westboro, then
transfer to #2, or #18.