Re: encodings, character sets, general requirements

Regarding ...

> >   Other requirements:
> >     - Trust model must be a web (people want to choose whom they trust).
> >       People must be able to choose whom they trust or consider
> >       reliable roots (maybe with varying reliabilities).
>
>The trust model should be a "constrained web", not the current PGP
>free-for-all.
>                                        - Bill

Are we dictating a single trust model, or simply asserting that we must
support "web" and "contrained-web" models, among others?  Certainly, the
effort to explore a simpler certificate should nevertheless aim for support
of varied trust models.

Tony Bartoletti                                             LL
SPI Project Leader                                       LL LL
Computer Security Technology Center                   LL LL LL
Lawrence Livermore National Lab                       LL LL LL
PO Box 808, L - 303                                   LL LL LLLLLLLL
Livermore, CA 94551-9900                              LL LLLLLLLL
email: azb@llnl.gov   phone: 510-422-3881             LLLLLLLL