Re: owner-spki@c2.org, ietf-pkix@tandem.com

On Feb 29, 11:28am, Carl Ellison wrote:
> Subject: Re: owner-spki@c2.org, ietf-pkix@tandem.com

 > >I view holding on to 1970's "name service" naming practices and user naming
 > >hacks as THE major impediment here, perhaps even more so than Best's broken
 > >mailer.
 >
 > I think you're asking the X.500 question, not the X.509 question.

We have large customers that DEMAND X.500, and our distributed CA service is
based on it.

Not that I don't disagree that X.500 has its problems, but there are large,
real shops that demand it. As such we are also considering other alternatives
for non-X.500 users, but then that defeats the whole X.500 advantage...

--
Pat Richard    /    patr@cyberstore.ca    /    patr@whistler.net
----