Re: specification language?

Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Rich Salz writes:
> > I thought we killed off this discussion...
>
> Indeed. I would say that the encodings discussion, although
> interesting, is a bit premature. Could we hold off on it?

Far too premature.  All specification languages have their pros and
cons, but since we don't have anything even vaguely solid to specify,
choosing between them will be difficult.

So, we must first decide what purpose these PK certificates are to
serve and then decide what mandatory information they must carry in
order to serve those purposes, then what optional information they
may carry in order to enhance their utility.  Then, and only then,
is it time to start arguing about how to write it down formally.

Regards,

- Andy

Follow-Ups: References: