Re: Other *-forms for dates and times, and love

> However, if the verifier allows me to read your private mail, there is
> nothing which prevents me from spamming it across the universe, or more
> likely, forwarding copies to badguys.org.

The point being, of course, that once you have the information, it's no
longer necessary to read my files, because it's now in your files, so
that no permission scheme I implement can control it.

This will always be the upper bound on all security schemes:  not the
trust mechanism, but the appropriateness of the trust-granting choices,
which is not at all a technical matter.  The schemes we implement are
targeted at enforcing our choices, not proving that they are wise ones.

brian

Brian Thomas, CISSP - Distributed Systems Architect  bt0008@entropy.sbc.com
Southwestern Bell                                    bthomas@primary.net
One Bell Center,  Room 34G3                          Tel: 314 235 3141
St. Louis, MO 63101                                  Fax: 314 235 0162