Re: Re[2]: Human I&A, IPsec, and their non-relationship

"Housley, Russ" says:
> > So --- are we all in agreement with Ran that IPSEC is *not* trying to
> > solve the human-computer authentication problem?
>
> I agree.  IPSEC is not trying to solve the human-to-computer
> identification and authentication problem.

The fact that we are not trying to solve it, however, does not mean we
should impede its being solved. I think it is actually a requirement
that any solution *not* impede authentication systems being built on
top of our protocols.

.pm

Follow-Ups: References: