RE: test vectors for HMAC-SHA-1 - Test Data and Bad News -Reply

Oh, I don't think we need to call out the cryptographic "Big Guns" yet.  I'm
willing to bet the problem is with the output, transfer, and subsequent
input at the receiving end of the public numbers.   I doubt it is a
fundamental problem with the underlying big integer arithmetic libraries.
More like one library interpreting the numbers LSByte first and the other
one MSByte first.  If each library was not consistent in its interpretation
of the data, the math wouldn't work for two implementations using the
same library.

-John Kennedy
 NOVELL, Inc.

>>> Edward Russell <erussell@ftp.com> 02/06/97 01:44pm >>>
>In message <01BC1429.F844BBC0@localhost>, Edward Russell writes:
>
> <Reversed SHA Bytes discussion deleted...>
>
>We'll try to establish if the same is true at the end of a Diffie Hellman
exchange,
>but that will be a little trickier.

It would appear the Diffie Hellman discrepancy between Cylink and
Bsafe is
not just a simple reversal.  The cryptographers will have to tackle that
one.