Re: TO COMPRESS OR NOT TO CMPRS (please reply)

>  I know that there are some wg members who support the use of compression,
>  some who don't and some who haven't expressed an interest either way. Well,
>  the time has come to decide. PLEASE RESPOND BY INDICATING YOUR POSITION.
>  Be sure to copy the wg list in your reply.

I support the use of compression but not in IPsec. It should be done up
higher, perhaps the transport level. It's better to compress the stream
of data before it's divided into packets than to wait and compress each
packet. I'd rather see 50 packets then 100 smaller ones.

  Dan.

Dan Harkins                                |   E-mail:  dharkins@cisco.com
Network Protocol Security, cisco Systems   |   phone:   +1 (408) 526-5905
170 W. Tasman Drive                        |   fax:     +1 (408) 526-4952
San Jose, CA 95134-1706, U.S.A.            |   ICBM:    37.45N, 122.03W
For your safety and the safety of others: concealed carry, and strong crypto