Re: Generic CBC-MAC specification

>Does anyone disagree with my rationale for another draft?

Yes, I disagree.  As Ted pointed out, it's relatively well understood how to
generate CBC MAC's.  In addition, introducing another document dependency for
IPSEC is unnecessary and bordering on the absurd.  There's already way too
many documents describing this protocol.

We need these documents to go to RFC, now.  We can always revise the RFC
later.  It's much more dangerous to have folks shipping products that are
written to ID's.  I want to ship a product based on an RFC, not an ID.

Derrell