Re: Racing QM Initiator's

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Radha Gowda wrote:
> > 3. One SG aborts and becomes responder. How do you know which should
> > abort? The SG with the lowest IP address?
>
> Ben,  we also experienced the same problem.  Not just in phase2, but in phase1
>
> as well.   Just to get things going, we decided to let the one with the higher
>
> IP address be the initiator.

Please note that until such a statement makes it into the rfc, what you are
doing may not be interoperable.

Why is it such a problem to support both initiator and responder for both
phase 1 and phase 2 SA's? A robust implementation should be able to do this.

jan
 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847

Follow-Ups: References: