RE: Deleted Internet Drafts

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Glen Zorn wrote:

> > That's a very silly thing to do.  Draft deletion should be done by the WG
> > chair at least.
>
> The policy is _extremely_ clear, and not in the least silly.  If a draft is
> not updated within six months, I think that it's perfectly reasonable to
> assume that either a) it's dead or b) the author or authors have lost
> interest.

Agreed. Even more, citing RFC2026:

      *   Under no circumstances should an Internet-Draft    *
      *   be referenced by any paper, report, or Request-    *
      *   for-Proposal, nor should a vendor claim compliance *
      *   with an Internet-Draft.                            *

Helger Lipmaa
http://home.cyber.ee/helger