Re: Agenda for the Minneapolis meeting

Theodore Tso writes:
> Yes, that's what I just refered to in the earlier paragraph, when I
> said this has come up before.  A new version number, and an
> incompatible change to how we calculate the hash function.
> This basically means that we bump the major version number and make a
> non-backwards compatible change.

You should state here which version number you are updating. There is
ISAKMP major and minor version numbers and there is phase 1 transform
identifier (key exchange IKE version number).

For the revised hash we need to update only the IKE version number
unless we do some other changes.
--
kivinen@ssh.fi                               Work : +358 303 9870
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/