Re: Stream Ciphers in ESP- IPsec Stack?

At 11:56 AM 8/30/2001 +0530, lokesh wrote:

>Is there any latest document/information regarding use of
>Stream ciphers like ARC-4 or RC4 in ESP of IPsec/Firewall Stack?.

RFC 2451 defines how to use RC5 as an ESP transform.

There is an ESP transform for RC4, and there was an Internet Draft for
ARC4.  However it died a quite death.  Rodney Thayer did the work for it,
but it did not get any backing.

So I think that RC5 is the only streaming cipher that you will find out
there as a few vendors did EVERY cipher in the spec...

Robert Moskowitz
ICSA
Security Interest EMail: rgm-sec@htt-consult.com

Follow-Ups: References: