Re: SOI QUESTIONS: 2.3 Authentication styles

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Paul Hoffman / VPNC wrote:
> As draft-ietf-ipsec-revised-identity points out, if SOI supports
> preshared secrets that are not tied to IP addresses (that is, where
> each party says what ID is associated with the preshared secret it is
> using), legacy authentication comes for free...

I must say that although I've never been a legacy-authentication fan in
general, if the details of this work out right, it sounds very attractive.
There are a lot of users who want legacy authentication to work *somehow*.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net