Demo Nepean City Hall July 13

PRESS RELEASE	       F O R  I M M E D I A T E  R E L E A S E

CONTACT: Sue Clark:	7 am - 7 pm  (613) 829-7637

		Jane Scharf	7 am - 7 pm  (613) 258-6176

		Cellular:  		July 13, only 8:30 am - 12:00 noon,
					(613) 290-9259

WHY? WHY? WHY?- RICK

There will be a demand for information from Rick Chiarelli, at his Council
Office, Nepean City Hall, Merivale Rd. Nepean, 10:00 am -12:00 noon,
Monday July 13, 1998 organized by poverty activists Sue Clark and Jane
Scharf.

Upon learning that Councillor Rick Chiarelli was running against her MPP
Alex Cullen in a contested nomination process constituent Sue Clark tried
to get answers from Rick Chiarelli to the following questions:

1) Why is there a contested nomination against  MPP Alex Cullen who was
recently elected in a by-election in Ottawa West-Nepean?

2) Does this contested nomination have anything to do with Alex Cullen
being the only one of 89 politicians to vote against the Calgary amendment
to the Constitution?

3) Why does the Councillor Rick Chiarelli web page www.chiarelli.com only
have Rick photographed with Mike Harris and other Ontario Conservatives and
no Liberals.

4) Is Rick a Tory in disguise?

Sue Clark says, "If Rick Chiarelli wins the Liberal Nomination over Alex
Cullen without satisfactorily answering these questions I am going to hold
the Liberal Party of Ontario accountable to the constituents of Ottawa
West-Nepean.

-30-

Protest, Resist and Surpass, Jane Scharf