CKCU Funding Drive

Our Annual Funding Drive is still on.  I've seen a lot of familiar
names on the pledge sheets, but many of you still haven't called to
show your support.

CKCU is not supported in any way by Carlelton University - all of our
funding comes from students in the form of a levy, a few sponsors,
and from donors and listeners just like you.  The money that we raise
during this campaign is one third of our budget.

If you're involved in progressive causes (AKA The Left Wing) you
know that the Citizen, CJOH, or even CBC aren't much interested in
what you do.  You're unlikely to see your point of view in the
National Post or on Newsworld.

CKCU is the one media outlet who, for more than 20 years, has
promoted peace and environment causes, GLBT stories, First Nations
issues, and good old left wings ideas.

If that kind of media access is important to you, please take two
minutes to either call our pledge lines at 520-3920 (1-877-520-3920
if your long distance) or just email me back with a pledge amount
and mailing address.

The programming mix at a community radio stations reflects two
things: the volunteers who produce the shows, and the listeners who
donate to support the station.  By showing your support during our
funding drive (and yes, make sure to specify what kind of programming
you enjoy) you are helping to make sure that CKCU will be here to
serve you for years to come.

Thanks for your support.

Barry Rueger
Station Manager