What is meant by routing header ?

Hello,

With respect to the draft-ietf-ipsec-arch-sec-04.txt

section 5.1.2.1 IPv4 -- Header Construction for Tunnel Mode

protocol         AH, ESP, routing hdr         no change

The protocol field of the outer is filled with AH or ESP depending on the
SA that has been selected. But the SA can have IPsec protocol as either
AH/ESP. I didn't get where the concept of routing will come in picture. Can
any one clarify how we will conctruct the outer header *protocol* field.
And where does the concept of routing header will come in picture. Note
that this is in IPv4.

Thank U

SrinivasRao. B. Kulkarni
Rendezvous On Chip Pvt Ltd.